U.S. Citizenship & Naturalization Application (Form N-400)
In order to obtain U.S. citizenship an applicant (foreign national) has to go through what’s known as the naturalization process. This involves fulfilling certain requirements prescribed by Congress under the Immigration and Nationality Act.
The United States, being a “nation of immigrants” always invites immigrants from various parts of the globe with open arms, and lays great value on the inputs they put in for preserving the sovereignty, heritage and freedom the country is known for.
Taking a major decision like acquiring U.S. citizenship is prestigious and is a turning point in most aspirants’ lives. The decision emphasizes the loyalty and commitment the person towards the United States and its constitution. Yes, it also bestows a number of benefits that includes certain privileges and rights a U.S. citizen is entitled to.
One major benefit in becoming a U.S. citizen is that it confers the right to vote. Moreover, holding a U.S. passport entitles a citizen to travel all over the country and apply for federal employment. We, at the U.S. Law Center, are a team of U.S. immigration attorneys. We take great pleasure in extending our services in assisting people of diverse cultures and ethnicity in their attempt to enter the U.S. legally and attain U.S. citizenship.
U.S. Citizenship & Naturalization Process
If you fulfill the basic eligibility requirements to apply for U.S. citizenship, you can take the next step, which is submitting the Form N-400 the Application for Naturalization. This application needs to be submitted to the USCIS. Upon receipt of the application, the USCIS will give an initial acknowledgement.
An interview will be scheduled for the applicant at the Application Support Center (ASC). You will be required to go through the biometric services where you will be required to provide your fingerprints, photograph and signature, and the FBI will run a background and security check after confirming your identity.
The U.S. citizenship test and interview will be conducted one after another in order to evaluate the applicant’s proficiency in U.S. English and awareness about the U.S. government and the history of the United States.
After successfully passing through all these procedures, the final step is the invitation to the Oath taking ceremony. The applicants are required to take the Oath of Allegiance before being declared a U.S. citizen.
Access & Answer Easy Questions
Prepare & Complete Form N-400 Online
Print, Sign & Send it to USCIS
What’s Included with My Citizenship Application Package?
100% Information Security
We’re dedicated to safeguarding your personal information when it’s stored in our systems. We keep your personal information secure with SSL encryption.
Immigration Attorney Review (Optional)
Your N-400 application will be reviewed by a professional immigration attorney.
Application Assembly and Delivery
You can either download your N-400 application or we can send it to you.
We’ll help you through the WHOLE process; all the way to your USCIS interview and beyond.
Customized Form Filing Instructions
Get personalized filing instructions that tell you exactly how to properly file with the USCIS.
Outstanding Client Support
Our customer support team is available in English and Spanish. You call or email us to answer all your citizenship / naturalization related questions.
We Help You Overcome Citizenship Obstacles
While many people applying for naturalization have no criminal record or issues from their past that may interfere with the process, many individuals have made an error in judgment in their lives that may make obtaining citizenship more challenging. Our experienced citizenship and naturalization attorneys can help you try to overcome past criminal convictions, allegations of domestic violence, or other legal issues by framing your situation in the best way possible to the USCIS.
Naturalization – Becoming an American Citizen
Think you are ready to apply for naturalization? Talk to our attorneys who will patiently explain what the naturalization process is all about. The basic requirements are:
- Residency: You will have to establish the fact that have been a resident for the past five years, during which you resided in the U.S. also, you must have resided for a minimum of 3 months at the USCIS district where you are applying for citizenship.
- Character: You will have to demonstrate that you possess good moral character. If there is any track record of arrests or criminal charges pending, you will need to take necessary steps to clear your record.
- Knowledge: You will need to qualify in the English language and U.S. civics language tests.
- Loyalty: You need to declare your loyalty to the U.S. constitution.
Form N-400 Eligibility Requirements
Simply requesting for U.S. citizenship does not entitle a person to get it. In case you have a foreign citizenship you will need to meet certain basic requirements and go through a process known as naturalization. People submitting Form N-400, Application for Naturalization need to fulfill certain criteria:
- Should be 18 years or older
- Should have been a legal Permanent Resident in the U.S. for a period of at least 5 years, alternatively if legally married to a U.S. citizen the person needs to have been a Permanent Resident for a period of 3 years to apply for U.S. citizenship
- For the above mentioned period, the applicant should have been physically present in the U.S.
- Basic proficiency in English is a must
- Should have maintained a fine, ethical character
- Must possess knowledge of U.S. history and government
- Must be willing to take the Oath of Allegiance
Advantages of Becoming a U.S. Citizen
- By virtue of being a U.S. citizen, a child born outside the U.S. automatically gains U.S. citizenship
- Being a U.S. citizen entitles one to bring his or her life partner and relatives to the U.S.
- Being a U.S. citizen entitles a person to live outside of the U.S. for any period of time, with no constraints whatsoever
- A U.S. citizen is entitled to Means-tested benefits like Medicare and social security
Benefits of U.S. Law Center
- Our services help an individual attain U.S. citizenship by providing necessary access to whoever is competent and eligible
- Our expert services helps ensure the accuracy of an individual’s application form with zero errors while submitting to the USCIS.
- Our customized instructions will guide you as to where to send the application and what to send along with it, thus simplifying complicated instructions.
- For any further assistance contact us via email, or call us over phone during regular business hours. We are always at your service and would like to hear from you.